About Cherrystone Auctions
Cherrystone is a global leader in Philatelic Auctions, bringing over $30 million worth of stamps and postal history to market yearly. Our frequently held public auctions feature the widest selection of philatelic material in the world, with a focus on rarity and exceptional quality.
One of the World’s Leading Auctioneers
Paul began collecting stamps as a young boy. In fact, his hobby was the impetus for his father’s founding of Cherrystone. With close to 50 years of philatelic experience, he attributes the success of Cherrystone to his knowledge and love of stamps. He is a member of A.I.E.P. (Association Internationale des Experts Philatelie) and is a recognized expert in Russian material, which he has exhibited around the world.
A Global Philatelic Leader
Setting the standard for all others to follow, Cherrystone’s sales always feature stamps from United States, Asia, including China, France and Colonies, German Area including States, Colonies and Occupation, Great Britain with British Commonwealth, Poland and Russia, and much more. Cherrystone also offers frequent “Specialty” sales, which usually contain properties of single owners and often feature award winning collections. Some of the recent “Specialty” sales include:
- The Pottow Collection of Great Britain
- The Winterfell Collection of German Occupation
- Dr. I. Kulczycky Collection of Western Ukraine
- The David Mace Collection of United States
- The Beville Collection of Worldwide Stamps 1840-1940
- Monarchs Collection of British Commonwealth
- The Confino Collection of United States
- John Pednault Collection of Ireland
- The Kaunas Collection of Lithuania
- The Dr. Nikitin Collection of Russian Zemstvo
- Kossoy Collection of Poland
- The Santa Fe Collection of Rare Stamps of the World
- The Sagar Collection of Inverted Centers
- The Aurora Collection of R.S.F.S.R.
- The Lobdell Collection of German East Africa
- The Pat Eppel Collection of Russia
- The Alexander Collection
- The Garfield Collection of United States Postal Stationery
- The “Vladivostock” Collection
- The Andrew Cronin Collection of Worldwide Postal History
- The groundbreaking S. Shtern Collection of the Soviet Union
- Solomon Rosenthal Collection of Mexican Maritime Mail
- The Deborah Friedman Collection of Colombia Air Post
- John Larsen Collection of Worldwide Postage Dues
- The Versailles Collection of French Proofs and Artist Drawings, offered in four separate sales
- The Ackerman Collection of Russian Air Post
- The “Westhaven” Collection of United States
- The Z. Mikulski Collection of Imperial Russia, offered in two separate sales
- The Frederick Collection of Iceland
- The Grabowski Collection of Poland
- Gordey Denisenko Sale of Imperial Russia
Originally founded as a retail store in 1967, Cherrystone has amassed over 50 years of Philatelic knowledge and experience. Still located in the heart of New York City, Cherrystone has cultivated serious collectors the world over. To find out how Cherrystone can help in the sale of your collection, please contact Paul or Joshua Buchsbayew today.
Cherrystone is a member of all leading philatelic organizations including the American Stamp Dealers’ Association, American Philatelic Society, Philatelic Traders Society, APHV, The Collectors Club of NY, AIEP, ROSSICA, MEPSI and more.